Title: Research Professor
Department of Psychology
406 Babbidge Road, Unit 1020
University of Connecticut
Storrs, CT 06269-1020
Office Phone: (860) 486-5680
Dr. Michaels is the Director of the Collaboratory in Rehabilitation Research.
- The coordination of action with respect to vision., Advocacy and elaboration of the ecological approach to perception and action, S-R compatibility in Choice RT, Learning and calibration in perception and action.
- Michaels, C. F., & de Vries, M. M. (1998). Higher-order and lower-order variables in the visual perception of relative pulling force. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance , 24, 526-546.
- Michaels, C. F. (2000). Information, Perception, and Action: What should ecological psychologists learn from Milner and Goodale (1995)? Ecological Psychology , 12, 241-258.
- Michaels, C. F., Zeinstra, E., & Oudejans, R. R. D. (2001). Information and action in timing the punch of a falling ball. Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology , 54A, 69-93.
- Also at Faculty of Human Movement Sciences, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam .